Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Make these ahead to serve at a party or special occasion. They’re beautiful accompanied by a platter of crisp, raw vegetables.
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This is one of our requested dishes and we’re proud to present this yummy Slimming World version. Everyone will ask for the recipe and come back for seconds!
8 large eggs
⅓ cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 level tsp. grainy Dijon mustard
⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ cup scallions, chopped
Paprika, for sprinkling
Small tomatoes, cut into thin wedges for garnish
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and add cold water to cover. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain the water from the saucepan and completely cool the eggs under cold running water, adding ice to cool them quickly. Shell the eggs and cut each in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon, carefully remove the yolks from the whites, dropping them into a medium bowl. Arrange the whites on a plate or in a deviled-egg dish.
- Put the yolks in a bowl, then add the yogurt, mustard and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash with a fork, then mix with a rubber spatula, pressing the mixture against the bowl to press out lumps, until smooth. Stir in the scallions.
- Spoon the filling evenly into the egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika and top each with a little wedge of tomato. Serve right away, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Variations: Curried stuffed eggs: Make the filling as above, adding ½ teaspoon curry powder and 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice to the filling. Spoon into the egg white halves as directed, omit the paprika, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- Deluxe smoked salmon stuffed eggs: Make the filling as above, omitting the cayenne and scallions and instead adding 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice. Stir in ¼ cup (about 1 ounce) finely chopped smoked salmon. Spoon the filling into the egg white halves as directed; omit the paprika. Top each egg with a small slice of smoked salmon rolled up, then add a small piece of dill.