This is a really quick and easy meal made with dried pasta and canned beans and tomatoes from your store cupboard, and finished with fresh courgettes and mint. You can vary the vegetables according to taste. Try asparagus spears or tiny broccoli florets, or substitute broad beans for flageolets.
- 75g farfalle pasta
- 60g mange tout or thin green beans
- 60g courgettes, chopped
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 75g canned flageolet beans drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and tip in the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions until just tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, shred the mange tout or green beans diagonally and steam or boil for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water, then set aside.
- Heat the courgettes and tomatoes in a saucepan and cook gently for about 5 minutes. Add the canned beans and mange tout or green beans and season to taste.
- Stir gently and simmer over a very low heat for 2-3 minutes,then stir in the drained pasta and serve, sprinkled with mint.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group