Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Ham, broccoli and red pepper frittata
- Preparation time: 8 minutes
- Cooking time: 22 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Here’s an easy and hearty egg dish packed with colorful, good-for-you veggies and savory, satisfying ham. Change up the veggies according to what you like and what’s on hand.
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped into ½in pieces
8 large eggs
3 tbsp water
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup diced lean ham steak, trimmed of any visible fat
- In a covered 10in nonstick or ceramic skillet, bring ½in salted water to a boil. (Wrap the handle of the pan in foil if it’s not ovenproof.) Add the broccoli and bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender, 4–5 minutes. Drain. Rinse and dry the skillet. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs and water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Preheat the broiler.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the same skillet with spray oil and place over medium heat. Pour the eggs into skillet. Stir in the ham and cooked vegetables and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, shaking the pan to loosen the eggs at the bottom, and lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the edges are set but the center is still somewhat loose, 6–8 minutes.
- Broil 3–4in from the heat source until the frittata is golden and puffed at the edges and the eggs are set, 3–5 minutes.
- Remove the frittata from the broiler and let it stand a couple minutes to finish the cooking. Cut into wedges to serve.