Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Change up the vegetables according to what you like and what's on hand.
Ham, broccoli, and red pepper frittata
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Here’s an easy and hearty egg dish packed with colorful good-for-you veggies and savory, satisfying ham. It can also be served at room temperature, too, so is great for a meal on the go.
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into ½” pieces
8 large eggs
3 Tbsp. water
1 cup lean ham steak, visible fat removed and diced
*Up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays.
- In a covered 10” nonstick or ceramic skillet, bring ½” salted water to a boil (wrap the handle of the pan in foil if it’s not ovenproof). Add the broccoli and bell pepper, then cook for 4–5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse and dry the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs and water and season with salt and pepper to taste. Preheat the broiler.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the skillet with cooking spray* and place over medium heat. Pour in the eggs, then stir in the ham and cooked vegetables and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 6–8 minutes, shaking the pan to loosen the eggs at the bottom, and lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. The edges should be set but the center still somewhat loose.
- Broil 3–4” from the heat source for 3–5 minutes, or until the frittata is golden and puffed at the edges and the eggs are set.
- Remove the frittata from the broiler and let it stand a couple minutes to finish cooking. Cut into wedges to serve.