Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Leave-alone ham and pea risotto
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Here's a tasty risotto that doesn't need much time and effort, so you can spend more time with your dinner guests. What's not to love?
- Spray a large, heavy saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until nearly tender, about 5 minutes. Add the ham and thyme; cook and stir just until the ham is heated through.
- Stir in the rice, chicken broth and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, stir in the peas, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 5–8 minutes, until tender, then drain.
- Serve the risotto accompanied by the green beans, or a tossed salad if you prefer.