Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
To make ahead and freeze prepare the recipe through Step 5, covering the dish first with plastic wrap, then with a layer of foil. When ready to use, just thaw it overnight in the fridge, then remove the plastic, recover with foil, and bake at 350°F until hot throughout.
1 hour 20 minutes
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
The whole family will love this creamy, veggie-packed manicotti. Serve with a side salad of mixed leaves, shredded carrot, cherry tomatoes and cucumber tossed with fat-free Italian dressing.
8 oz. dry manicotti pasta shells
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into ½" pieces
1 medium yellow squash, trimmed and cut into ½" pieces
1 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut into ½" pieces
3 cups plain fat-free cottage cheese
1 large egg
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
¼ cup sliced fresh basil, plus more for serving
1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
*Up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional five sprays used.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook the pasta according to package instructions; drain, then spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add the bell pepper, squash, and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, 5–7 minutes; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Puree the cottage cheese, egg, garlic powder, and oregano in a blender or food processor until smooth; stir in the basil and transfer mixture to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Lightly coat a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the dish. Using scissors, trim one of the edges of the bag and pipe the cottage cheese mixture into the manicotti, arranging stuffed manicotti in a row across the dish as you work. Pour the remaining sauce over the manicotti and top with vegetable mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until manicotti is very hot, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with more basil and serve with a side salad.