Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Mediterranean roasted cod
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Meltingly tender potatoes, red onions, juicy tomatoes and flaky cod all come together in this delicious roasted meal.
3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (4 cups)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large red onion, halved and sliced ¼in thick
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp coarsely chopped oregano
3 large tomatoes, cored and sliced
4 skinless and boneless cod fillets or other firm white fish fillets, such as halibut or hake
Small handful of chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 13x9in baking dish with spray oil.
- Layer the potatoes in the pan, overlapping them slightly. Scatter over the red onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake, stirring the onion a few times to keep it from burning, 30–35 minutes, or until the onion and potatoes are tender and starting to turn golden in spots.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with the oregano. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Bake about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the fish and season to taste. Place the fish on top of the tomatoes. Bake for another 8–12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until the fish is just opaque in the thickest part.
- Slice the remaining lemon thinly and place the slices on the fish, sprinkling the parsley over. Serve hot.