Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Mediterranean roasted cod
1 hour 30 minutes
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Crispy potatoes, tender onions, juicy tomatoes and flaky cod all come together in this delicious roasted dinner. Leaving the skins on the potatoes adds fiber and flavor—it’s easier on the cook, too!
1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
2 medium red onions, cut into ½” wedges
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
A few oregano sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
3 large tomatoes, sliced
4 skinless and boneless cod fillets
½ small pack of chopped fresh parsley, to serve
*Up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray*.
- Layer the potatoes in the pan, overlapping them slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then roast for 35–40 minutes until tender and golden in spots.
- Meanwhile, spray a large ceramic or nonstick skillet with cooking spray* and place over medium heat. Add the red onions and cook for 4–5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until beginning to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1–2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Place the onions and garlic on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle over the oregano, top with the sliced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Set the cod fillets on top of the tomatoes, squeeze over the juice of one lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut four slices from the remaining lemon, and put one on each fish fillet. Roast for another 10–12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot.