Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This five-star recipe for nacho pasta has lean ground beef, beans and cheese—all the best nacho toppings! Serve with a large side salad to round out the meal.
1lb uncooked pasta (any short shape will work)
1 onion, diced
2 bell peppers, seeds removed and diced
1lb 95% lean ground beef
1 tsp chili powder
1½ tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp oregano
⅛ tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste
¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
1 (15oz) can pinto beans
4oz low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, divided
½ cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven 350°F. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and sauté the onions and bell peppers until softened. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned, draining off any excess fat.
- Add the spices and seasonings to 1 cup of water and pour the seasoned water over the ground meat and simmer. Mash the beans roughly with a fork and add to ground beef, along with half the cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13in pan with cooking spray. Spread half of the diced tomatoes with green chiles over the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the drained pasta over the sauce. Spread the ground meat mixture over the pasta.
- Pour the remaining diced tomatoes with green chiles over the top and sprinkle with green onions and the remaining half of the cheese.
- Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes.