Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Shrimp and ham jambalaya
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Let the good times roll with this easy jambalaya recipe—spicy and full of colorful veggies!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until starting to get tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers, celery and 1 tbsp of the broth. Cover and cook, stirring a couple of times, for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the ham, then the paprika, thyme, cayenne and ½ tsp each salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice, drained tomatoes and the remaining broth, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and place in the oven. Bake for 30–35 minutes, stirring with a fork halfway through, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from the oven.
- With a fork, stir in the shrimp, cover and let stand 5 minutes to heat through. Sprinkle with the scallions and parsley and serve hot.