Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Shrimp scampi with bell peppers
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This restaurant favorite will delight family and friends. The classic flavors keep the shrimp as the star of the dish, with plenty of veggies, pasta and lemon.
- Put a large, covered pot of water on to boil. Add a pinch of salt and the pasta and cook according to the package directions. About 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli and cook until the pasta is al dente and broccoli is crisp-tender. Scoop out and reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray*.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon water if the pan gets dry. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- While the bell pepper cooks, toss the shrimp with the garlic and crushed red pepper and season with salt to taste. Spread on the prepared baking sheet and broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, turning once, until the shrimp turns opaque, 3–5 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Add to the skillet with the bell pepper. Place over medium heat and stir in the broth; bring just to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli with the reserved cooking liquid to loosen it and transfer to a large, warmed bowl. Top with the shrimp and the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to mix. Serve hot.