Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Shrimp scampi with bell peppers
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This restaurant favorite will delight family and friends. The classic flavors keep the shrimp as the star of the dish.
8 oz. thin spaghetti
2½ cups small broccoli florets
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips, strips cut in half
1½ lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen, tails removed, rinsed and patted dry
3 large garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ cup chicken broth
*Up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays.
- Bring a large, covered pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- About 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli and cook until the pasta is al dente and broccoli is crisp-tender. Scoop out and reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray*. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray* and place over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and a pinch of salt and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring often, until crisp-tender, adding 1 tablespoon water if the pan gets dry. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with the garlic and crushed red pepper, then season with salt to taste. Spread on the prepared baking sheet and broil 3–4” from the heat source for 3–5 minutes, turning once, until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the lemon juice, then add to the bell pepper in the skillet. Place over a medium heat and stir in the broth. Bring just to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli with the reserved cooking liquid to loosen it and transfer to a large, warmed bowl. Top with the shrimp and the pan juices, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to mix. Serve hot.