Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
If desired, serve your fries with ketchup, adding 1 Syn per level tablespoon or try them British-style sprinkled with malt vinegar.
Slimming World fries
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Who knew that you could eat fries when you're slimming? Well, you can with Slimming World! Add any herbs or seasoning you like—garlic powder and finely chopped fresh rosemary are two of our favorites.
2 lb. medium-size russet potatoes
*Up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray*.
- Peel the potatoes and remove any blemishes or ‘eyes’. Slice lengthwise into fries, approximately ½” thick or thinner if you prefer.
- Bring a large, covered pot of water to a boil. Add the fries and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside on a paper towel for 10 minutes to dry.
- Return the fries to the dry pot, cover with a lid, and shake to rough up the edges of the fries (this ensures they crisp up in the oven).
- Transfer the fries to the prepared baking sheet, lightly spray them with cooking spray*, and bake for 20–25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Serve hot, seasoned with salt to taste.