Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Smoky grilled chicken with potato wedges, grilled corn and salad
1 hour 5 minutes
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Jazz up grilled chicken with a smoked paprika rub in this hearty dish.
2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, visible fat removed
For the sides:
2 lbs. russet potatoes, cut into 1” wedges
2 ears corn, husked and cut in half
8 oz. baby gem lettuce
1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced ¼” thick
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
Pinch mustard powder
*Please note: up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays used.
- Turn your grill on and get it nice and hot. In a small bowl, stir the paprika, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne to combine. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the chicken, and rub it into the meat.
- Cover the chicken and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray, and add your potatoes to the pan in an even layer. Roast until tender, 17-20 minutes.
- When the potatoes come out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining half of the seasoning mixture over them, and toss well to combine. Reserve (or bring them out to the grill with you when you cook the chicken and corn—hold them in the pan in the warming area of your grill, to give them a bonus, nice smoky flavor).
- Lightly spray the grill with cooking spray. Add the chicken to the grill and cook until well charred on the outside and fully cooked on the inside, 12-15 minutes (flip the chicken as needed throughout cooking).
- While the chicken cooks, add the corn to the grill as well. Cook until tender and charred, 8-10 minutes.
- Just before serving, place the lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Stir the rice vinegar and mustard powder together, and add it to the salad, tossing well to combine.
- To serve, divide the chicken, corn, potatoes and salad among 4 plates. Serve immediately.