Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Grilling gives Mediterranean vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers a sensational smokiness. This beautiful platter is a perfect appetizer to share on a hot summer's day and fantastic served hot or at room temperature.
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 small eggplants, trimmed and sliced thinly lengthwise
8oz baby zucchini, trimmed and sliced thinly lengthwise
2 red bell peppers, halved, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
2 yellow bell peppers, halved, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
1 (6-8oz) bag baby arugula
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers and toss to coat well.
- Heat a ridged grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, or heat a barbecue grill
- Remove the vegetables from the balsamic marinade (reserving the marinade) and grill, in batches, for 2–3 minutes on each side or until tender and nicely colored, removing cooked vegetables to a plate
- Arrange the arugula leaves on a large serving platter, top with the grilled vegetables and drizzle over the reserved marinade.