Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
For an extra-filling meal, add grilled lean steak, skinned, boneless chicken or shrimp to the salad.
Vegetable quinoa salad with feta
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This stunning salad is perfect for warmer weather, with freshness in every mouthful and creamy, tangy feta in a starring role.
2½ cups vegetable broth
1¼ cups quinoa
2 cups green beans, trimmed and halved
1 large hothouse cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise
Bunch of scallions, sliced diagonally
1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
Few sprigs fresh mint and cilantro, chopped
4 oz. reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Put the broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 15 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the grains are tender and translucent. Fluff with a fork, season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a large serving dish.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium skillet of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook about 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Add the green beans, cucumber, scallions, cherry tomatoes and herbs to the quinoa.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients, drizzle over the salad and toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese and serve.